Our client is a global producer of innovative consumer high quality products. Leading positions in the world markets helps the company build and sustain loyalty to their brands and meet consumer needs around the globe.
The role of Head of Legal, Russia and CIS is currently open.
· The successful candidate will lead the team of professionals, based both in Moscow and in the plants. The role is broad ranging and would ideally suit an experienced lawyer and people manager who started his/her career in an international reputable professional legal firm with some time afterwards move to in-house in a Fortune 500 company, preferably US with a well-established legal function.
· Responsibilities will encompass handling all legal advice to the business at all levels strategically and operationally.
· This will include drafting and advising on antitrust matters, compliance, contracts and contractual disputes involving customers and suppliers and general corporate governance issues and litigation cases.
· Also the role will advise on environmental, Consumer Rights and Industrial issues. There will also be ad hoc project involvement.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s Degree (Law); advanced degree in international law is a plus
· At least 10 Years of broad legal experience with at least 2-3 years in people management roles;
· Experience in executing legal strategy on the market with a track record of superior results outcomes;
· Solid judgment and demonstrated ability to provide full-cycle legal solutions to complex business and regulatory issues in order to support managements business goals;
· Ability to work across functions and regions with an enterprise mindset; global business experience preferred;
· Deep knowledge of Russia and CIS (Kazakhstan, Belorussia, Asian republics) legislation;
· Fluent Russian and English.
· Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and consultative skills
· Highest degree of ethics, honesty and conviction
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
· Articulate, open-minded, proactive approach
· Bias for action with strong results orientation
NEXT STEPS: If you would like more information or would like to discuss the company in more general terms, please contact Elena Tabatchikova on +7 (495) 933 70 10 or email Elena.Tabatchikova@laurencesimons.com