Professional Development Director
Работодатель: TarraFirma, www.tarrafirma.com
Требования к кандидатам:
A top ranking international firm is looking to hire
a head Professional Support Lawyer to head up its knowledge management and
professional support function.
The PSL will be responsible for supervising and leading the PSL team in the
• Know-How - The collation, review and development of existing precedents,
(including practice notes and work product) as well as identifying and
compiling new precedents in the areas where they are most needed. Actively
promoting, encouraging and monitoring know-how contribution from Associates and
facilitating knowledge sharing across the firm. Attending talks at external
conferences and seminars to gather information for know-how purposes.
• New Points of Law – Responsible for ensuring that changes in relevant law and
practice are monitored. Ensuring Associates are kept up-to-date on all legal
developments – the latest cases, legislation and statutory instruments – often
through presentation to regular departmental meetings (normally monthly plus a
yearly retreat) and/or circulation of written materials.
• Legal Research – Assisting Associates (and others) on an ad hoc basis with
research queries and specific requests for work product or know-how.
• Training – Assisting in developing training programs and seminars for
Associates and external audiences including the delivery of these training
programs. Developing practice notes/legal briefings on matters of specific
relevance to the practice group and Baker & McKenzie.
• LPL (Local Practice Library) / Intranet / On-line products – Manage practice
group’s LPL submission (the LPL is administered by the Library) and
contributions to parts of the firm’s intranet, information databases and
knowledge management systems.
The firm offers a highly attractive
remuneration package including a highly competitive salary and excellent
benefits. The working culture at the firm is also very collegiate and
supportive, with Associates and Partners alike cooperating well with PSLs.
Requirements of the ideal candidate:
• A Russian or foreign qualified lawyer with at least 4 years of experience;
• If Russian qualified the candidate must have Common Law experience; this may
have been gained during an LLM or through practical experience having worked in
a common law jurisdiction or on transactions which were governed by common law;
• If foreign qualified, the candidate should ideally have work experience in Russia.
Lacking Russia experience, candidates should otherwise have advised on Russian
transactions or worked extensively with Russian clients.
• Strong academic record and training background
This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious and talented lawyer to
join a global firm and take charge of what is becoming an indispensable
function in a region growing in significance and a practice growing in size.
To apply please send your CV to James
Edwards at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you may wish to discuss the position first; to do so please
contact James on +44 161 298 4500.
Дата публикации вакансии: 23.09.2013
|Оценка вакансии :|